You are on the Official blog site of Barangay Rugao, Ilagan City, Isabela! Don't forget to leave a comment.

Monday, November 15, 2010

History of RII Facebook Community

(This article is taken from the notes of RII Facebook Page)

I've been on facebook for years but I have few friends from my beloved barangay, maybe because I have never stayed there since I started working on radio when I was 17. When I moved to Rugao in June, I felt like I missed the place terribly.

Anyway, it was Typhoon Juan that gave me the idea to create this account. After the typhoon, I posted the photos I took during and just right after the typhoon! And upon putting the photos online, I received a lot of comments from the people of Rugao mostly those from outside the country. And right there and then I realized that I can use Facebook to link everyone from Rugao.

Initially I thought it would be hard to put everyone in one account because my only "friends" from Rugao were Lea, Aunt Gladys, Love, Aunt Criselda, Aunt Nene and my other relatives. But why not coz people might find out and eventually I could create a venue to link everyone. With that in mind, I immediately created an account and named it "Rugao Ilagan Isabela". On the first day alone, the account already has 45 friends. I will be happy if it becomes 80 in the next few weeks but to my surprise it grew bigger and has reached everyone until it surpassed 100 friends! And right before my eyes, everyone is exchanging Hello's and Hi's and everyone started to exchange ideas and news and are laughing together. And with barely 2 months, the members are about to touch the lives of their beloved ka-barangays through the birth of what I believe the first and the biggest charity event in Rugao dubbed as "Rugao Gives Back". Thank you everyone and I hope that our community will continue to grow and help towards the betterment of the lives of the people of Rugao.

God bless us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment