You are on the Official blog site of Barangay Rugao, Ilagan City, Isabela! Don't forget to leave a comment.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Story of our Shopping Spree in Divisoria

I left Rugao for Manila at 8:00pm last Friday. I was to meet Nhor and Erwin Esteban in Divisoria upon arrival in Manila. We wanted to be in Divisoria early so as to avoid the thick crowd shopping in the area. Lea is supposed to join us but she said she can't come because of the not-so nice weather that day. Don Don is also supposed to join me but begged off so I have to look for someone to help me reach Divisoria since I'm not really comfortable going to the place. So I decided to ask for the help of my friend.

As schedule we arrived around 7am and we still have time to freshen up because I know how grueling the day ahead of us. I met up with Aunt Nhor and her husband in Divisoria at around 10am. It's funny coz we have to look for each other inside the mall. She told me to see her in a store (which she named). We went there but there was not even of shadow of her in that area. Only to find out that there are more than 3 stores with that name and near the elevator. Anyway, upon meeting up with her, we started purchasing the things found on our list.

It was so hard looking for the stuffs on our list. Plus we have to get through the thick crowd to buy. First, we
purchase a number of umbrellas for the girls. Aunt Nhor used her "tawad power" to get a cheaper but of good quality umbrellas. In 15-20 minutes we already have our umbrellas!! Then came the other stuffs. If my count serves me right we were going to and fro looking for the other stuffs almost a hundred times. And then it was lunch time. We were half tired by then. So we went to the food court to have lunch but to our dismay we can't look for a table to stay coz there were like thousands of shoppers in Divisoria that day. So, we have to wait, wait and wait for more...Alas, we were able to spot  a table to dine. It took us long to buy our food. We have to wait in a long pile of people. So, Aunt Nhor and I decided to just buy in a stall with lesser people because we were starving to death. And to our dismay, the food we ordered is not what we expected. It looked pale and "panis". But like any stomach that is starving, we enjoyed our lunch. After a very short break, we proceeded looking for shirts, shorts, "daster/duster" and many others. We walked from one store to another just to buy the best stuff for our Kabarangays. My feet was aching and my eyes are becoming painful and dry probably because of the very long travel. Aunt Nhor was still at the peak of her enthusiasm in buying all the things we need for our charity work. I don't know if is she drank 1 gallon of energy drink that day because she seem not to get tired at all!! 

We finished shopping at around 6pm. We had 4 big baggages. And we were carrying those ( 2 baggages carried by Tito Erwin, Im carrying one and Tita Nhor is also carrying one). Imagine how big were those baggages hahaha. For the first time in my life I was able to ride in a "padyak" and it took us like 10  minutes before we can reach the parking area. We left Divisoria past six pm. Uncle Erwin and Aunt Nhor drove me to Victory Liner station for my 9pm trip back to Ilagan.

Our day ended with a dinner at Chowking in Kamuning. I know that we were all tired that day but I fell asleep with a smile on my face knowing that it is for our kabarangays.

I know that there are more works to be done but I don't care how much energy that we're going to spend to get the work done because we know why are we doing this. We want to make a statement, we want to show everyone that you don't have to be famous and rich to be able to do charity. All we need is the desire and the heart to help! 

To all ROCians, let's continue to pray for the success of "Rugao Gives Back". 


Special thanks to Erwin Esteban and Joefrey Ochoa for their time, money and energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment